Le Creuset products are checked numerous times along the manufacturing process.
"The small imperfections are not harmful and your product can be used with no problems. These markings are considered a reflection of Le Creuset's unique crafted nature. It is not uncommon for Le Creuset pieces to have tiny cosmetic flaws since no two pieces are identical." – Le Creuset Canada
The traditional manufacturing process of sand casting and enamel coating includes variation in colour and surface. This makes each product a unique one, and do not have any impact on performance, durability, and use.
If you believe your Le Creuset product to be defective, email email@example.com of the damage in question. We need visual confirmation to determine the issue and to authorization an exchange. Items sent back without a refund authorization will not be processed and returned to you at your expense.
Consiglio’s Kitchenware cannot accept returns or exchanges on cookware that has been used. If you believe there is a warranty issue with your product, please address the below contacts.
Care and use guidelines: https://www.lecreuset.ca/care-and-use
Le Creuset Warranty: https://www.lecreuset.ca/warranty
Examples of warranty applicable issues:
- Scratches on Enamel - Single Hairline scratches are not applicable unless otherwise stated by us after inspection
- Holes inside the cooking surface - Holes and pitting must be inside and larger than 1mm
- Chipping of Enamel/Exterior - Any chipping of Enamel/Exterior is applicable
- Broken Handles - Broken or detached side or lid handles are applicable
- Cracks and Leaks - Any cracks or leaks are applicable
However, if the damage in question is related to the lip of the pot and the lid, please be aware that these are normal qualities of Le Creuset cast iron cookware. This does not affect functionality, and we are not able to accept the item back under warranty or exchange as these are completely normal aspects associated with all Le Creuset cookware pieces.
Examples of normal "spots" seen on Enameled Cast Iron Pots:
- Dark or Light discoloured patches on lid bottom, side, and pot edge - These are normal because the edges are not coated in Enamel
- Holes or Pitting Outside - Pitting on the outside does not affect the function of the product and can be seen occasionally on almost all sand-casting iron pots
- Uneven colour on Enamel - Enamel is spray-painted to each cast iron product, so each one is unique
- Minor Bumps - Each product is sand-casted, therefore some surface bumps can be felt. They do not affect the function of the product
- Uneven Lid - Lids do not completely or perfectly fit in an air-tight way on cast iron pots. They are meant to just sit on top and cover the pot.
- Any information provided to us can be shared with the shipping company that delivered the item.
- Le Creuset may be consulted regarding warranty issues.
- We reserve the right to refuse a claim if there is not enough evidence, or if the item is deemed to be "normal" for a cast iron piece.
- Items that are returned, but found to be in good condition may have shipping costs deducted from the refund as per our normal Returns & Exchanges policy.
Please read the product manual of the item for proper care and maintenance, and years of enjoyment.
Click Here to Shop our huge selection of Le Creuset Cast Iron Cookware! Free Shipping Over $69.99!