Demetra Premium Cavatelli Pasta Maker (Made in Italy) Take 2 on How To Make Cavatelli...
Sausage Stuffed Portobello Mushroom Recipe
Deeply satisfying and boasting distinct Italian flavours, these portobello mushrooms stuffed with Italian sausage and parmesan cheese are hearty and substantial enough to be a meal of their own.
We serve ours with home-baked potato wedges and fresh salad for a quick and easy meal your family will love.
For any cooking enthusiast making your own homemade sausages would be a extra gourmet treat!
Sausage Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
Chef Angela Consiglio
Yield: 6-8 Mushrooms
- 6-8 Portobello mushrooms, stems/gills removed
4 Italian sausages, casings removed, meat broken up
(medium spice or sweet)
- 1 bunch scallions, finely chopped
- 1 handful parsley, finely chopped (about ¼ cup)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil to bind, plus more for cooking
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup Italian- seasoned bread crumbs
- Salt and Pepper to season
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper or a silicon matt.
2. Prepare the Portobello mushrooms. Remove the stems using a paring knife. Next remove the gills using a spoon by gently scraping the dark brown gills away, discard. Place mushrooms on lined baking tray. Lightly drizzle the mushrooms with olive oil and lightly season with salt and pepper.
3. Heat a large pan over medium heat, add a drizzle of olive oil. Sauté the scallion whites with the sausage until golden and meat is cooked through. While the meat is cooking, use a wooden spoon to gently break up the meat into small pieces.
4. In a medium bowl mix together the following: bread crumbs, scallion greens, cheese and parsley. Once sausage is cooked add to bowl. Stir together to incorporate. Add about 2 tablespoons of olive oil to bind ingredients together. Taste for seasoning. Add salt/pepper accordingly.
Note: The sausage is generally well seasoned, you may only need to add some freshly ground black pepper.
5. Generously spoon sausage stuffing into each mushroom cap. The more stuffing the better! Fill them as much as possible.
6. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until mushrooms are tender and everything is heated through. Remove from oven, serve with baked potato wedges and a salad for a deliciously satisfying meal that will become a family favourite.
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel for product demos, reviews, recipes and more!