Demetra Premium Cavatelli Pasta Maker (Made in Italy) Take 2 on How To Make Cavatelli...
Roasted Maple Cinnamon Squash Soup Recipe
Hearty and warm, this soup is the epitome of autumn comfort. Roasted butternut squash gives the soup a rich and creamy depth without adding any cream - making it both lactose free AND vegan!
Our Roasted Maple Cinnamon Squash Soup reheats well for quick lunches throughout the workweek, or can be served with your favourite (preferably grilled) sandwich for a healthy yet satisfying meal.
Roasted Maple Cinnamon Squash Soup
Chef Angela Consiglio
- 1 large butternut squash, halved vertically and deseeded
- 2 tbsp. olive oil plus extra for drizzling
- 2 leeks sliced, dark greens discarded
- 1 medium onion, medium dice
- 1 medium sweet potato, medium dice
- 1 carrot, medium dice
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tbsp. Maple syrup
- 4 cups vegetable stock
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
2. Place an anti-slip mat underneath a medium sized cutting board. Carefully cut about half an inch off the top and bottom of the squash. Stand squash upright with the cut bottom on the cutting board. Carefully halve the squash vertically. Mind your fingertips! Deseed squash.
4. Heat a large 28cm to 30cm Le Creuset dutch oven over medium heat, once hot add oil. Next, sauté onion and leeks for 2 minutes, add carrots and sweet potato, cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel for product demos, reviews, recipes and more!