Perfect and quick Mother's Day recipe!
Yield: 2 servings
Quick Spaghetti with Tuna, Capers and Lemon
200 grams spaghetti
2 cansof good qualitytuna packed in olive oil
2 Tbsps. olive oil
½ cup marinated artichoke hearts, chopped
6-8 pieces sundried tomatoes, sliced
2 Tbsps. capers
Juice of 2 lemons
Zest of 1 lemon
¼ tsp salt, plus extra to boil pasta
Black pepper, a pinch to season
Pinch hot chili pepper flakes
¼ cup pasta cooking water
Handful of arugula micro greens to garnish
1. Bring pot of salted water to a boil. Cook spaghetti as per package instructions.
2. While the pasta is cooking get all other ingredients ready. In a serving bowl add the tuna with oil, 2 additional Tbsps. of olive oil, artichokes, sun dried tomatoes, capers, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt, pepper and pinch of chili peppers. Lightly break up the tuna and gently stir ingredients to combine.
3. Once the pasta is cooked reserve ¼ cup of cooking water, add to serving bowl with tuna.
4. Drain pasta in colander. Add pasta to serving bowl and toss together to combine.
5. Garnish the dish with a handful of arugula microgreens.
Thanks for another of your great recipes!! Cheers, Diane